Saturday, January 19, 2008

What Personal Security and Self Defense mean to me.

As I lay awake in bed last night, my mind racing, I had an epiphany. It started like this. Why do I feel so strongly about personal security and self defense? Was it my two beautiful daughters, my two strapping sons, my loving wife, or my parents? Maybe it is my grand children that haven’t came along yet?
It came to me clear and crisp like the gleaming stars on a cold winter’s night without the faintest hint of clouds. It’s the enjoyment of family and loved ones, the camaraderie of great friends. It’s Life! The opportunity we have to spend time and share our lives together, helping each other through the good times and the difficult times, being there during their times of need and them for mine. How important it is to protect your loved ones? We have only a short while to spend with each other before we leave to our final resting place. Why not give all you can to protect and plan for your families and loved ones safety! You can’t possible plan for every atrocity that might come your way. However there is number of ways to provide assurance and safety to all you love, to gain peace of mind. I believe it starts with personal security and self defense. I know there are far too many things you could never possible account for, I don’t worry about those. I just try to be as prepared as I can be. Along with that comes the responsibility to assure I’m doing all I can for my family and friends.
To sum it all up it comes down to love, and what I would do to protect the one’s I love. That is what Personal Security and Self Defense means to me. Thank you for letting me share my thoughts with you.
Regards, Adam