Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Junk Box Preparedness Preparation: Where do I start preparing? How do I start preparing?

The Junk Box

Those are two commonly asked questions and both have merit. Look, it can seem like an overwhelming task; but with guidance and good information you will have no problems accomplishing your preparedness goals. Once you fill your tool box with the proper tools you will be on the road my friends; my job will be to give you those tools! Let’s get started!

First you have to find that starting point; what do you have on hand? Specifically in these areas: Tools, Food and Water Storage, First Aid and Medical Supplies, Personal Hygiene items, and the Junk Box. Today I will break down the Junk Box. Check back tomorrow for Food Storage.

Items you feel are an asset when disaster strikes, odds and ends, for example camping gear. I call it the junk box; because it’s like the junk drawer in your kitchen, it is full of the most useful items, which are sometimes missing in action. Hunt those items up and ad them to your inventory; we don’t want them to be MIA.